6 months is usually pretty average for baby's teeth to begin coming in,
but of course there are the early and late bloomers as well. Here is a
chart I found helpful in when to expect teeth.
Some babies REALLY get fussy when they are teething, while others you hardly even know.
If your baby is really having a hard time with teething, here are a few things you can do:
- If you have a mesh pacifier, you can put some ice or frozen fruit in it and let him gnaw on it
- Any teething toy (the ones with gel that you put in the fridge are nice because they are cold and usually textured)
- Baby Oragel-- it just numbs the gums for a short time, and is cherry flavored (I used it for a canker sore I had once)
- Clove Oil -- for those who use essential oils, clove is good for teething, just make sure you dilute it with a carrier oil because it will burn otherwise. I have also heard to be careful because it can cause serious damage if it gets in the eyes...
- Massage your baby's gums with your fingers to allow for some relief

No comments:
Post a Comment